Friday, October 19, 2007

Ellsworth Rims

Okay, Im finally back from my holiday and honestly speaking, I totally have no idea in what to write. I would appreciate if some readers would contribute topic bout what I should write. You can email me at XCRIDER@MTBNNETWORK.TK

Anyway back to my topic, after searching through MTBR for inspiration, I ended up with Ellsworth wheelset. Its very interesting bout Ellsworth making their own rims cause so far only Specialized makes their own rim and with Ellsworth making carbon rims it makes it more interesting. Yeah, they are many company who make rims, but there are only a few bike company which make their own rims.

Basically, nothing much is known bout this rims, my concern is the durability cause Ellsworth frames are known for cracking and they are experts at aluminium but their knowledge bout carbon is questionable. I said this cause they are 2 types of rims Ellsworth is producing which is carbon and aluminium. Carbon rims? Yeah, so far DT Swiss is making carbon rims and it just amazes me that Ellsworth is also producing carbon rims while other known wheelmaker (

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm just back from Brianhead. I've had my Ellsworth Epiphany for about 6 months and havn't ridden it that hard. My carbon Ellsworth rim taco'd on a downhill dirt singletrack section. I didn't hit a log, rock, or anything. I flew about 8 feet but it's all good. Now...lets see if they'll replace this rim.

Omar Tan said...

All the best and thanks for commenting :D